We've Moved! Visit www.boldtmanstudios.com

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Well, wow, it's been a while again. For those of you who think I'm a terrible blogger, you're right. I don't update very often. So, it is something I struggle with, ha ha, oh well. I have been busy though. Just this morning I finished the last spread for my book that I've been working on. That's about 10 pages more into the book since my last post! Now I just have some proofreading, some edits and alterations (my wife has been a great new editor!), some small design stuff that I will definitely need some help on (all my designer friends prepare for emails haha), and the cover. Oh and then that small task of finding a publisher. I decided that I didn't want to show the whole story already, people need some suspense and to wait for things sometimes. It makes things more exciting....errr I least I think it does. I kinda cracked a bit though and figured, maybe I could give you a "small" sneak preview of the whole book, that wouldn't be too bad. So here it is:




Well, I did say small...

I've also been saying for a while that I would post some sketches of a series of pictures I was doing for my son, Eli's room. In the end (eventually) it will be three pictures all of the same size, that will be in "sequence" sort of like a short, very short key-framed animation. Though, that makes it sound a lot better than it really is.






I know it's not much of a post, but it's something. Thanks for all the comments so far. I really appreciate them, and please leave them. It's nice to know that people have been by, that, and my blog get's lonely during the long breaks between posts.

Take care,

-Mike

1 comment:

Matt Schuler said...

You weren't kidding when you said a 'small' preview.
How about Microscopic?

I really enjoy the lion cub images. Very nicely done!

Off to San Diego for sun, artbooks, to meet with the publisher of Legendary and to hopefully get a job!!!


-matt